Our team run a weekly Fuel for school market, ensuring 80kg of food does not go to waste each week and supplying our school community with healthy food on a pay-as-you-feel basis. The food is delivered to us by Fareshare, who redistribute edible food from supermarkets that would normally be sent to land fill.
Other activities and awards:
- Collecting recycling and fruit waste for composting from class rooms at the end of each day
- Planning and leading meetings with other schools
- Building relationships with Streatham common (SCCOOP) to plant trees and build stag beetle loggeries, to protect our local environment
- Winning £500 as part of the “Eat them to defeat them” healthy eating campaign for their work on the Fuel for school market
- Working with the Mayors’ fund