Welcome to Sunnyhill Children’s Centre
The Children’s Centre is here to provide learning opportunities for family with children under the age of 5 years. The centre aims to run daily activities that will help to support the family as a whole. With help from other professionals who have been commissioned by the London Borough of Lambeth, our goal is to provide Employment Advice, Adult Training, Health Services and opportunities for children to take part in our Early Years Learning sessions. Our aim is that the opportunities we provide will give our children a positive start to their Early Years education and their overall development.
Children's Centre Aims
· To provide a simulating, safe and happy environment where children can explore new activities, learn new skills, make friends, and develop their confidence and independence.
· To provide opportunities for children to develop physically, socially, emotionally, morally and intellectually to their full potential.
· To provide learning experiences for adults through family learning, adult training and Early Learning sessions.
· To provide a place for parents to meet other parents and make new friends within their community.
Better Start Worker
The Centre’s Better Start worker is here to help families who may be going through a difficult and challenging time. He is able to introduce you to number of organisation that help with family support.
Childrens Centre Activities
- Play sessions children aged 0-5yrs (Please see centre Programme)
- Childminders/Associated Carers drop-in
- Return to work Sessions
- Family Learning sessions
- Adult learning classes
- Health Services
- Family Outreah Services
To access Children's Centres timetable, please visit Lambeth Council website: https://www.lambeth.gov.uk/children-young-people-and-families/childrens-centres
Sunnyhill Primary School and Children’s Centre - Children's Centre entry is on Harborough road
Tel: 020 8769 4785 option 2
Monday to Friday: 8.00am – 4.00pm
Centre Manger: Sophia Williams
Better Start Worker: Andrew Keane